Thursday, May 17, 2012

'Lil Reeses PB Cups Cookies

I'm doing some baking for my piano recital this weekend, and tried out a new dessert I saw on pinterest.  This is the picture and link to the original article where I found the recipe, but I did make some changes to the original recipe.  Below is my personal version of these yummy treats!


Ingredients:
  • 36-48 miniature peanut butter cups 
  • 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour 
  • 1 tsp. baking soda 
  • 1/4 tsp. salt 
  • 1 cup salted butter 
  • 1/2 cup white sugar 
  • 1/2 cup firmly-packed brown sugar 
  • 2 eggs 
  • 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract 
Instructions:

Place peanut butter cups in the freezer (there’s no need to unwrap them; just place the whole bag in the freezer) for 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside. In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter. Add the sugars and beat until light and fluffy (about 2 – 3 minutes). Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture. Mix until a soft dough forms. Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray.  Using a spoon, scoop about a 1-inch balls into each mini muffin tin. Press dough balls into mini muffin tins, making an indentation in the middle with your thumb.(I had to dip my thumb in flour between each indentation, because the dough was soft and sticky.)  Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a miniature peanut butter cup in the center of each cookie. Cool and remove from pan. (I actually removed from the pan immediately and set them on a cooling rack to cool.)  YUM!

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved these. They make me happy :) It doesn't hurt to add in some mini chocolate chips to the batter...

    ReplyDelete