- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Dissolve yeast and sugar in 1/4 cup warm water in a large bowl. Let stand until the yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 15 minutes.
2. Add flour, 1 1/4 cup warm water, 2 tablespoons softened butter, and 1 tablespoon salt; knead until dough is well mixed and soft, about 3 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into 16 equal pieces. Knead each piece and shape into a 6-inch breadstick. Arrange breadsticks on a baking sheet; let rise for about 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
5. Mix 3 tablespoons melted butter and garlic powder together in a bowl; brush onto breadsticks.
6. Bake breadsticks in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Immediately brush with remaining melted butter mixture; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.