Sunday, December 16, 2012

Gingerbread Men

I've never really found a gingerbread man recipe that I liked until last year. This recipe is from a woman in my ward in Denver, and it's wonderful. I made these cookies again tonight for my piano recital tomorrow.  The cookies are really easy to make, and I love the butterscotch pudding in here. The cookies come out very sweet and delicious and just the right amount of crunchy. Lovely! Katelee and I had a great time making these, and I was surprised at how quickly they went. Try them!
  • 3/4 c. butter, softened 
  • 3/4 c. brown sugar 
  • 1, 4 oz. package of instant Jell-O butterscotch pudding 
  • 1 egg 
  • 2 c. flour 
  • 1 tsp. baking soda 
  • 1 T. ground ginger 
  • 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Beat the butter, brown sugar, pudding mix, and egg together. (Don't make the pudding, just pour the powder in.) Then gradually add the rest of the ingredients. Roll out on a clean countertop (no flour needed! That's my favorite part!) and cut into gingerbread men shapes or whatever shapes you want. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart, and bake for 8-12 minutes, depending on your oven. (I baked mine for 10 minutes in Denver, and 8 1/2 minutes in Utah.  As soon as the edges looked done, I whipped them out so they didn't get too crispy.)  Cool. Frost, if desired, or serve plain. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment