Saturday, January 21, 2012

Crayon-Removal 'Recipe'

Okay, so this isn't your typical 'recipe,' but maybe one of you might find it valuable someday!

I washed and dried a load of laundry without knowing that Katelee had stuck a green crayon in her pocket. Oh, no! I was so, so sad, because I thought it had ruined most of Katelee and Blake's best clothes and blankets. But then my friend gave me this 'Crayon-Removal Recipe.' I tried it out . . . and it worked like a charm! Amazing! The clothes are good as new, which is a huge relief to say the least. So, in case any of you ever have a similar experience, here is the recipe for getting crayon out of your clothing!

  • 1 scoop Borax
  • 1/2 bottle Spray n' wash (I used a large bottle)
  • 1 small bottle white vinegar
  • Regular amount of your laundry detergent
Fill your washer with the hottest water possible. Add clothes. Run the agitate cycle but don't let it drain. Turn the machine off & let it soak for at least a couple hours. Finish the laundry cycle & then send the clothes through a whole other wash to remove any residue.

1 comment:

  1. I wish this was up 8 months ago! Andali did the same thing... it ruined most of Lydia's 3 months clothes. I tossed most of them but I will have to try this with the ones I kept! :)

    ReplyDelete