Friday, April 25, 2014

Chicken Pineapple Salad


I have been craving yummy salads lately, and my friend Kara told me about this salad that her family enjoys.  We made this last night for dinner, and it was delicious! And SO easy!  It was a hit with the whole family, though my silly kids had to eat theirs with the elements in separate piles on their plates rather than as a salad.  No doubt this will become a classic summer night meal at my home.

Truly, it doesn't get much easier or yummier than this!

Ingredients:
  • lettuce, chopped or shredded
  • cilantro, chopped
  • grilled chicken, cut into bite sized pieces (I actually just sauteed the chicken on the stove top with a little olive oil and lemon pepper)
  • avocado, diced or sliced
  • fresh pineapple, cut into bite-sized pieces (I'm thinking this would be divine if it were grilled as well....I may have to try that next time!)
  • tortilla chips, crushed
  • Honey-Mustard Dressing (we think the Brianne's brand Honey-Mustard Dressing is perfect for this!)
  • Anything else you want to add!  I was thinking that mushrooms, peppers, or onions might all be a nice addition to this salad.  The beauty of it is that you can add whatever your family likes and adjust to your tastes.
Toss all the ingredients together and serve in bowls.  Such a simple, gorgeous, flavorful meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment