Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Breakfast Rounds

With school started up again, I've been experimenting with coming up with some new quick and healthy breakfasts to feed Katelee before sending her off to school. This one is definitely a KEEPER! It's fast, easy, pretty healthy, and oh, so delicious! I'm sure it will become a staple meal or snack around our house.
  • 4 English muffins, split and toasted (we use whole wheat)
  • peanut butter
  • 1 apple, cored and sliced
  • 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
  • 2 T. butter or margarine
  • 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
Throw the English muffins in the toaster and toast them. When they come out hot, spread 1 T. or so of peanut butter on each one. Meanwhile, core and slice your apple (I put it on my corer/slicer gadget so they come out in nice little flat circles, perfect sized for an English muffin, but cutting them in thin slices would work just as well). Top the peanut butter with apple. In the microwave, melt and stir together the brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. (I put my microwave on defrost so that it melts without exploding and I stir frequently until smooth.) Drizzle the cinnamon mixture over the apple slices. Enjoy! Seriously, kids and adults will gobble these up.

No comments:

Post a Comment