Saturday, October 15, 2011

Our New Favorite Meatloaf Recipe

Gerald LOVES meatloaf. It is the one meal he requests on special occasions (maybe because I don't make it otherwise). :) We were recently invited to dinner at a friend's house, and they served a DELICIOUS meatloaf. Yum! This is going to be my new go-to meatloaf recipe. :)

Recipe from Cathy Burgoyne via Sarah Burgoyne 10-4-11
  • 2 1/2lb of hamburger (I used 3 the other night)
  • ¾-1c. bread crumbs (I usually use old bread and my food processor to make the crumbs, freeze the rest)
  • 2 eggs well beaten with 2 Tbsp of water
  • ½ small onion finely chopped
  • 1 tsp salt
  • ½ tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp dried basil
  • ½ tsp garlic powder
  • 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • ¼ c. ketchup or bbq sauce (I used bbq sauce the other night- just what ever I had in the fridge)
Sprinkle bread crumbs and onions over meat and mix. Premix all other ingredients and then add to meat mixture. Mix with hands until incorporated. Form into a loaf. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment