Sunday, January 20, 2013

Grandma Kaye's Chewy Brownies (Blackies!)

We were at Grandma Kaye's house last week, and she served us the most delicious brownies!  We made them ourselves tonight for our Family Home Evening treat, and they were still awesome.  I never seem to have a brownie mix on hand, and I love that I can whip these up from ingredients that are always in my pantry/fridge.  This is a recipe that is definitely worth sharing:

  • 1 stick butter, melted
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 c. flour
  • 3 HEAPING T. baking cocoa (Grandma likes them more like 'blackies' than 'blondies'  :)
  • chocolate chips, if desired (optional)
Mix all the ingredients well.  Pour the batter into a greased 8x8 pan.  Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until set.  (I think I had to bake mine for 22 minutes.)

Serve warm or cooled!

No comments:

Post a Comment