Sunday, June 12, 2011

Beef Roast / French Dip Sandwiches

This is how I always cook my beef roast whether I am making french dip sandwiches out of it or just having a roast for Sunday dinner. It always turns out so tender and juicy.

1 beef roast
1 packet of Au Jus gravy mix
1 packet Italian dressing mix
1 14.5 oz can beef broth
If you are making sandwiches you will also need:
6 large buns
sliced Swiss cheese

Pour a little oil in the bottom of a frying pan and heat up. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. sear the roast on all sides. this goes fast maybe a minute on each side. This step is a must it keeps all the juices in and makes all the difference when cooking a roast. When it is done searing place roast in a crock pot and sprinkle both the Au Jus, and the Italian seasoning mix then pour the beef broth in. Cook on low for 8 hours. If you are just eating the roast shred and eat.
If you are making french dip sandwiches take your buns and broil them for a minute until crusty. take the top side of bun and set aside. place shredded beef on bottom half of bun. Then place the swiss cheese on the beef. Place back under the broiler for a minute until cheese is melted. Don't walk away it melts really fast. Place top bun back on, and ladle the juice from your roast into bowls for dipping your sandwich. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Gerald and I have this funny little game. Whenever I make a new meal, I make Gerald give it a rating - a number between 1-10 - to describe how much he likes it and decide if we should make it again. I think in all our years of marriage, I've only had 1 or 2 perfect 10's before. He likes to use perfect scores sparingly. :) When I served this last night, he took the first bite, put it down and said "TEN!" Ha ha ha! Undoubtedly, this is the best beef roast I have ever made, though, and I will never make a beef roast any differently from now on. Delicious! Thanks for sharing, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete