Saturday, June 4, 2011

Blueberry Summer Smoothie

I think I made this smoothie almost every morning for breakfast last summer. I gave the recipe to mom and dad, and they actually drank it a lot, too. Dad liked it best extra cold, made with ice. With the warm weather back, I've been craving it again. This fills me up for breakfast and is a great way to start your day!

1 banana
1 c. frozen blueberries
1/3 c. fresh spinach leaves (I just throw in a handful)
1/4 c. plain low fat yogurt (Just a big spoonful)
1/2 scoop protein powder
1 T. ground flax seed
1/2 c. pomegranate juice
water, if desired, to make less thick. I personally don't add any water.

Mix all the ingredients well in a blender or food processor. Pour into glasses and enjoy! (This makes 2 glassfuls.)

Total calories: 184! Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment