Monday, May 30, 2011

Darla's Chocolate Chip Cookies

These are a staple around Jenn's house; by far our favorite cookie!

1 c. butter
1 c. shortening
2 c. brown sugar
1 c. sugar
4 eggs
5 c. flour
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking soda
2 c. chocolate chips
1 c. walnuts

Cream together the butter, shortening, and sugars. Adds eggs. Continue mixing and add the remainder of the ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 – 10 minutes.

*Jenn's notes: I never add walnuts. I always add quite a bit of extra flour. Like almost a cup extra, but I just add small amounts at a time until the dough is stiff enough to roll into a ball easily without sticking to my hands. I also like LOTS of chocolate chips. I bake for exactly 8 minutes, then pull them out of the oven. They will look underdone. Trust me. Leave them on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. These are the softest, yummiest cookies EVER! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment