Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Homemade Eggnog

I have always hated eggnog. It's so gross!

A lady in my ward made this last year at a ward party and convinced me to try a “sip.” It is seriously the most delicious thing I had ever tried! I drank two cups that night! (Beware: This is NOT low in fat!) This is definitely going to be an annual tradition around the Reynolds home now. If you think you hate eggnog, you should give this recipe a try once – you might change your mind!

1 quart half-and-half milk (or whole milk if you don’t have any half-and-half)
3/4 c. sugar
6 eggs
1 tsp. Mexican vanilla
1 pint heavy whipping cream, whipped with 2 T. sugar
nutmeg

Mix together in a blender the half-and-half, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until well blended. Pour into mugs and top with whipped topping and sprinkle with nutmeg. Drink. Faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment